STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
November 12, 2002 – 12:45 p.m.
JRW East Conference Room
1. Approval of minutes for October 8, 2002 State Board of Examiners.
2. IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT – David Tolman, Controller
Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses up to $10,000 for a new director of ITD. The ITD Board is currently conducting a nationwide search for a new director. They will follow the Moving Policy and will use only as much of this request as necessary. They also understand the new director will need to sign the agreement concerning accepting moving expenses and payback specifications if they voluntarily resign within the time period.
3. DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME
Request for authorization to pay compensatory time accrued during assignment at the National Governor’s Association Conference for the following FLSA Exempt employees: The funds to defray these expenses are being provided by “Team Idaho” from private sponsorship and donations.
Employee Comp Hours
Steve Agte 30.0
Charlie Justus 41.0
Gary Hompland 29.5
Blake Phillips 30.5
Doug Petersen 42.0
Jon Heggen 35.0
Paul Sommerfeld 26.0
Chris Wright 59.0
Scott Reinecker 36.0
Al Nicholson 43.0
4. STATE TRAVEL POLICY – MILEAGE RATES
The Internal Revenue Service announced the standard mileage rate would be 36.0 cents per mile effective January 1, 2003, down from 36.5 cents per mile for 2002. The Sub-Committee members recommend changing the state mileage rate to 36.0 cents per mile effective January 1, 2003 to be consistent with the IRS.
BUREAU OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Request for authorization to issue deficiency warrants for reimbursement of response costs incurred, pursuant to Idaho Code 39-7110.
BUREAU OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS REPORT FOR OCTOBER 2002
Possible toxic exposure
Meth lab in dumpster
9. DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION – RECOGNITION OF ASSIGNMENT
Request for recognition of assignment as executed by Assignor Arteco Holdings and Assignee Pressley 99LTD, both of Boise, Idaho, for a real property lease regarding the State of Idaho, by and through the Board of Medicine as ‘Lessee” and Lessee’s occupancy of 1755 Westgate Drive, Boise, Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1027.
10. MILITARY DIVISION
Request for approval of National Guard Reimbursement billing for Compensation and Medical payments in the amount of $5,142.60 for the period July 1 through September 30, 2002, pursuant to Idaho Code 72-928.
11. Notification that David Lee, attorney for the State Insurance Fund, has been appointed as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State Insurance Fund in a collection case, State Ins. Fund v. Watson, case No. CV-SC-02-01741M, pursuant to Idaho Code §67-1409.
12. Notification that Michael J. Kane of the firm of Kane & Tobiason has been appointed as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, board of Registration of Professional Engineers and professional Land Surveyors (Board) in a complaint received by the Board against John Hammond, pursuant to Idaho Code §67-1409.
13. Notification that Rinda R. Just, Attorney at Law, has been appointed as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the interests of the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho in the following contested cases before the Retirement Board, pursuant to Idaho Code §67-1409.
In the matter of the disability retirement application of Roy Applewhite, Case No. CC02-02;
In the matter of the disability retirement application of Alvin Wayne Petty, Case No. CC02-03;
In the matter of the disability retirement application of Linda L. Erickson, Case No. CC02-05;
In the matter of the disability retirement application of James Pfost, Case No. CC02-04;
In the matter of the disability retirement application of Kenneth King, Case No. CC02-01;
In the matter of the disability retirement application of Dean Parrish, Case No. CC02-06.
14. Notification that Wynn R. Mosman of Mosman Law Offices has been appointed as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in the State Insurance Fund – Hume v. Deranleaus of Lewiston, Inc., SIF No. 200015788; IC No. 00-032385, pursuant to Idaho Code §67-1409.
The Sub-Committee members recommend approval of the requests on the Regular Agenda.
15. BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY - Mike Waller
Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses up to $12,000 for Scott Sandel, Head Volleyball Coach, from Marquette, Michigan. Only one approved moving vendor, North American Van Lines, services the Marquette, Michigan area. The lack of service to the area contributed to the cost of the move, and also the fact that Scott began work immediately and was unable to return to Michigan to help move his family. All expenses of the move fall within the guidelines of the State Moving Policy and will be funded by the Athletic Department’s local account.
16. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE - Gary Broker, Deputy Controller, Division of Management Services
Request for authorization to pay 644.5 hours compensatory time to Shannon Barnes upon separation from state service. Ms. Barnes accumulated the comp time during assignment to several major automation projects over the past several years. Her vacation cap had been removed and she was unable to take time off and still maintain the required schedules for the projects. The alternative would be to place Ms. Barnes on comp time leave until the balance is eliminated.
17. STATE LIQUOR DISPENSARY - Ken Winkler, Executive Financial Officer
Request for authorization to pay 398.5 hours accrued compensatory time to Daniel GreenSky, Supply Operations Supervisor. Mr. GreenSky has worked to reduce his comp balance since the Board of Examiners notice in July, 2002, but has not been entirely successful with reduction of only 59 hours in a four month period. He also currently has vacation and EAL balances. As the Liquor Dispensary enters their busiest time of the year it is unlikely Mr. GreenSky will be unable to take time off.
18. Estimate of the State Insurance Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of October 2002.
19. Estimate of the Petroleum Storage Tank Fund expenses to be paid by sight draft or the month of October 2002.
Estimated expenditure for workers $ 10,000,000.00
compensation claim costs, dividends
and premium refunds
Funds Expended in September 2002:
Workers Compensation Claim Costs $ 8,136,992.84
Policy Refunds 138,742.62
Estimated expenditures for $ 750,000.00
Petroleum Storage Tank Fund
Total $ 224,188.88
Fund expended in September 2002:
Payroll $ 55,301.15
Claim Costs 164,517.44