STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
SUMMARY MINUTES – Regular Meeting
February 11, 2003
1st Floor E. Conference Room
700 W. State Street, Boise, Idaho
A regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was called to order at 700 West State Street, Boise, Idaho, at 9:00 a.m. pursuant to §67-2002, Idaho Code and order of the chair.
The following board members were present, constituting all the members: Governor Dirk Kempthorne, Chairman of the Board; Secretary of State Ben Ysursa; and Attorney General Lawrence Wasden.
State Controller Keith Johnson, secretary to the board, recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
· CONSENT AGENDA
Mr. Johnson introduced the items on the consent agenda. Mr. Ysursa moved to approve the consent agenda in its entirety; Mr. Wasden seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous voice vote.
LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE - Approved
1. Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses up to $7,500 for a Provost/Vice-President for Academic Affairs, Office of the President, whose salary is anticipated at $100-106,000.
ENDOWMENT FUND INVESTMENT BOARD - Approved
2. Request for authorization to reimburse an additional moving expense of $663.99 beyond the December 5, 2002 approved moving expense maximum of $5,000.00 for Matthew J. Haertzen, the new Endowment Fund Investment Board Manager, for a total of $5,663.99.
DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME - Approved
3. Request to write off an outstanding balance due the Idaho Department of Fish and Game of $24,675.44 for license sales by vendor David Tonn, d.b.a. Dave’s Husky Sport Shop. Last December, the subcommittee requested the department to pursue a collection agency and to report back in January 2003.
4. Request to approve a change in reimbursement rates regarding use of personal equipment and animals for Idaho Fish and Game employee transportation in performance of regular job duties as reflected by Fish and Game Policy A-3.08. Proposed rates are as follows:
Mode of Transportation
|HORSE||$32.00 per day (includes all equipment)|
$16.00 per half day
$19.00 per day (stand by time)
$9.50 per half day (stand by time)
|HORSE TRAILERS||$26.00 per day (in addition to mileage for pickup)|
|JET BOAT||$42.00 an hour|
|KAYAKS||$20.00 per day (all equipment provided)|
|SNOWMOBILES||$45.00 per day (all equipment and fuel provided)|
|RAFTS||$32.00 per day (white water type, all equipment provided)|
|TRAVEL TRAILER||$26.00 per day (in addition to mileage for pickup)|
IDAHO STATE POLICE - Approved
5. Request for authorization to pay off an additional 40.0 hours compensatory time accrued by Captain Don VanCleave in addition to the 52.0 hours approved by the Board of Examiners on October 8, 2002. This is a correction of the hours reported in October accrued as a FLSA exempt employee during his assignment at the National Governor’s Association Conference.
ATTORNEY GENERAL - Approved
6. Notification that Jack H. Robison of the firm of Jones Chartered has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in case of Gregory v. State of Idaho, et al., Case No. CIV-02-0576-S-BLW.
7. Notification that Peter C. Erbland of the firm of Paine, Hamblen, Coffin, Brooke & Miller has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing Dirk Kempthorne, in his capacity as Governor, and Ben Ysursa, in his capacity as Secretary of State, in case of Bell, et al. v. Cenarrusa, et al., Supreme Court No. 29226.
8. Notification that Wynn R. Mosman of the firm of Mosman Law Offices has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in case of Richard Dahlgren v. School District 151 JT, SIF No. 200208054; IC No. 02-510902.
9. Notification that Wynn R. Mosman of the firm of Mosman Law Offices has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in case of Patrick Kelley v. National Employers Network, LLC, SIF No. 200212497; IC No. 02-517363.
10. Notification that Craig Storti and Lynette Davis of the firm of Hawley, Troxell, Ennis & Hawley has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, Department of Administration, Division of Public Works, in the Design West matter.
11. Notification that Randall A. Peterman of the firm of Moffatt, Thomas, Barrett, Rock & Fields has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, Department of Agriculture, in matters relating to the Camas Grain, Inc. Warehouse failure/commodity indemnity account reimbursement and foreclosure/bankruptcy proceedings.
12. Notification that David J. Lee of Idaho State Insurance Fund has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in five Industrial Commission cases.
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF GOVERNOR, BUREAU OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS - Approved
Request for authorization to issue deficiency warrants for reimbursement of response costs incurred during January 2003 pursuant to Idaho Code 39-7110.
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF GOVERNOR, MILITARY DIVISION - Approved
22. Request to pay $5,142.60 to the State Insurance Fund for workers’ compensation claims of member of the Idaho National Guard during the quarter ending December 31, 2002.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION - Approved
23. Request to rectify a PERSI Retirement payroll coding error involving thirteen (13) current department employees. The employees’ retirement status was incorrectly coded PERSI Rule of 90 instead of Rule of 80.The coding has been corrected. PERSI is calculating the base principle balances owed and any unrealized gain sharing in June 2000 for each employee. Idaho Department of Corrections would like to pay these employees the additional return on investment percentage amount, any gain sharing losses they did not receive, and the 8% interest charged for up to an additional maximum period of 12 months for any delinquent unpaid balance by each employee’s payment deadline (6 months from notification by PERSI) to repay their PERSI accounts. The employee will be responsible for any interest charges thereafter.
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION - Approved
24. Request for recognition of assignment as executed by Assignor Thomas C. Mannschreck and Assignee Thomas Investments Limited Partnership, both of Boise, Idaho, for a real property lease regarding the State of Idaho, by and through the Department of Labor as ‘Lessee’ and Lessee’s occupancy of 413 West Idaho Street, Boise, Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1027.
25. Request for recognition of assignment as executed by Assignor Gudrun L.L.C., c/o Steve Hallows of Twin Falls, Idaho, and Assignee Rodney Carlson, Carlson Industries, of Ketchum, Idaho, for a real property lease regarding the State of Idaho, by and through the Department of Juvenile Corrections as ‘Lessee’ and Lessee’s occupancy of 1061 Blue Lakes Boulevard, Twin Falls, Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1027.
· REGULAR AGENDA
No items recommended by the subcommittee for the regular agenda.
· INFORMATIONAL AGENDA
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
26. Report of employees moving expenses for University of Idaho, Idaho State University, Lewis–Clark State College, and Boise State University for the year ended December 31, 2002.
STATE INSURANCE FUND
27. Estimate of the State Insurance Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of January 2003.
Estimated expenditure for workers compensation claim costs, dividends and premium refunds
|Funds Expended in December 2002|
|Workers Compensation Claim Costs|
28. Estimate of the Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund expenses to be paid by sight draft for the month of January 2003.
Estimated expenditure for Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund
|Funds Expended in December 2002:|
There being no further business before the board and on motion duly made and seconded, THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS WAS ADJOURNED at 9:03 a.m.
_________/s/ Dirk Kempthorne________
Dirk Kempthorne, Chairman of the Board and
Governor of the State of Idaho
__________/s/ Keith Johnson________________
Keith Johnson, Secretary of the Board and
Idaho State Controller
Minutes of State Board of Examiners or their subcommittee meetings: Summary minutes are preliminary minutes prepared by the secretary to the board as a courtesy to the reader. Summary minutes have not been approved by the State Board of Examiners and do not constitute the official minutes of the meeting. The Board of Examiners typically approves official minutes within one to three months of the meeting at which the minutes were taken. Should you have any questions regarding these minutes, please contact email@example.com or call the Idaho State Controller’s Office at 334-3100.