STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
Friday, May 12, 1998 – 8:55 a.m.
JRW East Conference Room
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was held May 12, 1998 at 8:55 a.m. in the JRW East Conference Room
Governor Philip E. Batt, Chairman of the Board
Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa
Attorney General Alan G. Lance
State Controller and Secretary of the Board J. D. Williams
Sub-Committee members present:
David High, Office of Attorney General
Darrell Manning, Office of Governor
H. W. Turner, Office of State Controller
Ben Ysursa, Office of Secretary of State
1. BUREAU OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Request for authorization to issue deficiency warrants in the amount of $1,414.78 for reimbursement of response costs incurred in a hazardous substance incident in Idaho Falls, Idaho on January 2, 1998, pursuant to Idaho Code §39-7110.
2. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Request for authorization to pay 402 hours compensatory time for Michael C. Mitchell, PE, Dairy Program Manager, Division of Animal Industries, accrued as of March 21, 1998. His vacation balance has been at or near his maximum accrual limit since July, 1997 and he will not be able to take his compensatory time off without continuing to lose vacation time.
3. BOARD OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
Request for authorization to pay 67 hours compensatory time for Sheila Jensen, accrued October 19, 1997 to May 1, 1998 and hours accrued up to June 5, 1998. Sheila Jensen is still the Board’s only full-time employee and her vacation balance continues to be at or near its maximum.
4. Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses for the position of Administrator, Division of Prisons, up to $5,000 but not to exceed $10,000, and pursuant to the provisions of the State Moving Policy.
5. Request for authorization to pay 68.0 hours compensatory time for Lt. John Hardison, Correctional Lieutenant. It would be extremely difficult for Lt. Hardison to take this time off because of the critical staffing needs of the institution.
6. UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO
Request for authorization to pay moving expense reimbursement for Dr. Michael Weiss as Department Head and Professor in the Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, in an amount not to exceed $7,500 and pursuant to the provisions of the State Moving Policy.
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
7. Request or authorization to pay 120 hours compensatory time for Margaret “Peggy” White, Deputy Attorney General, accrued during her transfer from the Department of Law Enforcement to the Department of Juvenile Corrections.
8. Notification that Mr. William A. McCurdy, of the firm of Brassey, Wetherell, Crawford & McCurdy, has been appointed to represent the plaintiffs in the State of Idaho v. Haugebak, Case No. CF-C-95-04625D, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
9. Notification that Peter C. K. Marshall of the law firm of Marshall, Batt & Fisher, LLP, has been appointed to represent the State Insurance Fund (SIF) in negotiations and all matters related to the computer software contract between the SIF and Price Waterhouse, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL (continued)
10. Notification that Mr. David Zaslowski, Mr. Jim Jacobs, Mr. Rob Lewis, and Mr. Charles Davidson of Baker & McKenzie, 305 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022, have been appointed to represent the Idaho Potato Commission in the Idaho Potato Com’n v. M&M Farm Produce and Sales, Case No. 97-CIV-8125(BDP); and Hapco Farms, Inc. v. Idaho Potato Com’n, Case No. 98-CIV-681(BDP); and Idaho Potato Com’n v. Majestic Produce Corp., Case No. CIV-97-5512, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
11. Notification that Mr. Peter C. Erbland, of the firm of Paine, Hamblen, Coffin, Brooke & Miller, has been appointed to represent Attorney General Alan G. Lance in the Selkirk Seed Co., v. Lance, et al., Case No. CV-98-21586, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
12. Notification that Frank J. Dykas, Dykas Law Offices, has been appointed to consult with and advise the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL) on legal issues related to intellectual property interests of INEEL in employees’ innovations during the course of employment, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
13. Notification that Peter C. K. Marshall of the law firm of Marshall, Batt & Fisher, LLP, has been appointed to represent the State Insurance Fund (SIF) in negotiations and all matters related to the computer software contract between the SIF and Price Waterhouse, and any other matters assigned to him by the Board of Directors of the State Insurance Fund, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
14. Notification that Mr. William A. McCurdy, of the firm of Brassey, Wetherell, Crawford & McCurdy, has been appointed to represent the defendants in the Acme Materials & Construction Co., et. al. v. State of Idaho, Department of Transportation, et al., Case No. 97495, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
15. ADA COUNTY SHERIFF
Request for reimbursement of costs incurred in the transport of ISCI prisoners by the Ada County Sheriff upon a Judgment of Conviction or a return on a Board Warrant for calendar year 1997 in the amount of $2,840.84., pursuant to Idaho Code § 31-2219 and 31-3203. Legislative Services Office has audited this claim, found the amount correct and recommends payment of $2,840.84.
16. DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES
Report on overtime paid for work in conjunction with the 1997 flood disasters on the May 15, 1998 pay check for the following employees:
Motion to approve the Consent Agenda was made by Attorney General Alan G. Lance with the exception of #4 to read up to $5,000 but not to exceed $10,000. Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa seconded the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
Bobby D. Fleenor 5.0 hrs x $29.77 = $ 148.85
Robert G. Haynes 84.0 hrs x $27.68 = $2,325.12
David H. Hollingshead 28.0 hrs x $25.84 = $ 723.52
Lyle R. Swank 28.5 hrs x $24.01 = $ 684.29
WHEREUPON THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS was adjourned, subject to the call of the Chairman.
Governor Philip E. Batt
J. D. Williams, Secretary to the Board
and State Controller