STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
Tuesday, July 7, 1998 – 8:55 a.m.
JRW West Conference Room
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was held July 7, 1998 at 8:55 a.m. in the JRW West Conference Room.
Governor Philip E. Batt, Chairman of the Board
Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa
Attorney General Alan G. Lance
State Controller and Secretary of the Board J. D. Williams
Sub-Committee members present:
David High, Office of Attorney General
Darrell Manning, Office of Governor
H. W. Turner, Office of State Controller
1. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Request for authorization to pay 34.5 hours overtime for Dave Baumann, Hearing Officer in the Driver Services Section of the Division of Motor Vehicles, accrued while a “covered” employee in the Vehicles Services Section. He is unable to take the time off and his vacation balance is bordering on the maximum allowable.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
2. Request for authorization to pay overtime for Kathleen Gillingham currently working on the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Implementation Project. The estimated overtime is between 10 and 25 hours per week for the duration of the project. Permission to pay overtime for the other staff members working with this implementation project was granted and is currently in effect until October 31, 1998.
3. Request for approval of Recognition of Assignment as executed by Assignor L & M Construction Company of Weiser, Idaho and Assignee Sheldon Homedale Family Limited Partnership of Emmett, Idaho for the Department of Health and Welfare’s Homedale Field Office Lease.
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
4. Notification that Mr. Richard A. Skinner, Skinner & Fawcett, has been appointed to represent the interest of the State of Idaho as Special Deputy Attorney General for the purpose of serving as bond counsel and providing Opinions of Counsel related to the Idaho Water Resources Board, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
5. Notification that Mr. Merlyn W. Clark, Hawley, Troxell, Ennis & Hawley, has been appointed for the purpose of appearing in the Snake River Basin Adjudication Consolidated Subcase No. 63-25243 (Organic Act) regarding the United States’ Motion to Compel Discovery and Motion for Expedited, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
6. Notification that attorney at law Brian T. Watkins has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in any appeal from a hearing officer’s decision filed pursuant to the authority of Idaho Code § 18-8002A, Automatic License Suspension Program, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
7. Notification that Mr. J. D. Smeallie, of the firm of Sherburne, Powers & Needham, P.C., Boston, Massachusetts has been appointed to represent the defendant in the Korkut v. University of Idaho, Case No. 98-CV-11140PBS, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
8. STATE CONTROLLER’S OFFICE
Request for authorization to accept Balukoff, Lindstrom & Co. proposal to perform the audit of the Legislative Branch of the State of Idaho for fiscal year 1998, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-2027.
Motion to approve the Consent Agenda was made by Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa. Attorney General Alan G. Lance seconded the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
WHEREUPON THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS was adjourned, subject to the call of the Chairman.
Governor Philip E. Batt
Chairman of the Board
J. D. Williams, Secretary to the Board
and State Controller