STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
July 8, 1997 - 8:55 a.m.
JRW West Conference Room
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was held July 8, 1997 at 8:55 a.m. in the JRW East Conference Room.
Governor Philip E. Batt, Chairman of the Board
Attorney General Alan G. Lance
Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa
State Controller and Secretary of the Board J. D. Williams
Sub-Committee members present:
Mike Brassey, Office of Governor
David High, Office of Attorney General
Ben Ysursa, Office of Secretary of State
H. W. Turner, Office of State Controller
1. BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses in excess of the established policy for the following:
Name Department Total Cost Allowable Difference
2. COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND
Dr. Lynn Russell College of Engineering $10,000.00 $5,000 $5,000
Dr. Scott Willison College of Education $ 7,200.00 $5,000 $2,200
Dr. James Taylor College Health Science $ 8,700.00 $5,000 $3,700
Request for additional $1,000 over previous $6,400 to cover increased moving expenses for the following:
Dr. Larry Barnhardt Applied Technology $ 7,400.00 $5,000 $2,400
Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses up to $5,000 for the new Administrator of the Commission for the Blind.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
3. Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses not to exceed the amount of $5,000 for the Speech and Language Pathologist position at Idaho State School and Hospital.
4. Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses not to exceed $1,500 for the Child Early Intervention Specialist position at DHW Region V.
5. Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses in the amount of $3,000 to fill the Immunization Assessment Program Specialist position in the Division of Health.
6. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Request for approval to pay the 1997/1998 membership dues from the Unemployment Penalty and Interest Fund, Account Number 0302, to the Interstate Conference of Employment Security Agencies, Inc., in the amount of $18,000.00.
7. DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
Request for authorization to reimburse moving expenses up to a maximum of one months salary not to exceed $5,000 for the following positions:
Program Manager, Family & Consumer Sciences/Occupational Education
Program Manager, Health Occupations Education
Coordinator, Tech Prep
8. TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Request for authorization to allow the following employees to accrue vacation leave beyond the allowable limit through December 31, 1997 during the final phases of implementation of the new Integrated Financial Management System. The excess leave accrued will be liquidated before September 30, 1998.
Harold Baxter Ronald Mangum
Richard Cate Cheryl Becker
Kathyren Chase Suzanne Hawkins
Wallace Chuck Cahoon Dee Moffat
Mary Mangum Sherrill Smith
9. Request for authorization to pay overtime to employees working on the third North Idaho flooding disaster. This includes previous employees who have worked overtime on the last two North Idaho floods and one new employee, Michael D. Langrell.
10. Request for authorization to pay overtime to employees working in Eastern Idaho on the flooding disaster.
11. DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
Request for approval of Recognition of Assignment as executed by Assignor Triple Star Development, Inc., Meridian, Idaho and Assignee Blue Moon LLC, Boise, Idaho, for a lease for 205 E. Watertower Lane, Meridian, Idaho occupied by the Department of Labor and /or other agencies.
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
12. Notification that Mr. Charles A. Miller of the firm of Covington & Burling, has been appointed to represent the Department of Health and Welfare in its contractual and statutory duties relative to the Medicaid Reimbursement Litigation, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
13. Notification that Mr. Richard F. Scruggs, of the firm of Scruggs, Millette, Lawson, Bozeman & Dent, has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in the Tobacco litigation case, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
14. Notification that Mr. Robert B. Carey, of the firm of Norton & Frickey and Associates, has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in the Tobacco litigation case, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
15. Notification that Mr. Ronald L. Motley, of the firm of Ness, Motley, Loadholt, Richardson & Poole, has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in the Tobacco litigation case, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
16. Notification that Mr. Steve W. Berman, of the firm of Hagens & Berman, has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in the Tobacco litigation case, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
17. Notification that Mr. Steve C. Mitchell, of the firm of Van O’Steen & Partners, has been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in the Tobacco litigation case, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
18. Recommendation that the name of Brian K. Julian of the firm Quane, Smith, Howard & Hull be removed from the list of attorneys approved by the State Board of Examiners as authorized to provide legal services for the State of Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1409.
19. STATE CONTROLLER’S OFFICE
Request for authorization to accept Balukoff, Lindstrom & Co. proposal to perform the audit of the Legislative Branch of the State of Idaho for fiscal year 1997.
20. STATE INSURANCE FUND
Estimate of State Insurance Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of June, 1997, pursuant to Idaho Code 72-927.
Estimated expenditures for workers compensation
claim costs, dividends and premium refunds $7,000,000.00
Fund expended in May, 1997:
Workers Compensation Claim Costs $9,022,545.54
Policy Refunds 310,270.70
Estimate of the Petroleum Storage Tank Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of June, 1997, pursuant to Idaho Code 41-4919.
Estimated expenditures for Petroleum
Storage Tank Fund $500,000.00
Funds expended in May, 1997:
Payroll $ 71,594.89
Continuing Appropriations 6,023.43
PSTF Claim Costs 179,467.61
Motion to approve the Consent Agenda was made by Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa and seconded by Attorney General Al Lance. Motion passed unanimously.
WHEREUPON THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS was adjourned, subject to the call of the Chairman.
Governor Philip E. Batt
Chairman of the Board
J. D. Williams, Secretary to the Board
and State Controller