STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
MINUTES – July 18, 2017 – 8:55 a.m.
State Capitol, Lincoln Auditorium WW02,
700 W. Jefferson St., Boise, Idaho
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was called to order pursuant to Idaho Code §67-2002 and by the order of the chair at 8:57 a.m.
The following board members were present: Secretary of State Lawerence Denney, and Attorney General Wasden. State Controller Brandon Woolf recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
State Controller Woolf introduced the consent agenda items.
Attorney General Wasden moved to approve the consent agenda. Secretary Denney seconded the motion. The motion passed on a unanimous voice vote.
Approval of official minutes for the meeting of the Board of Examiners on June 20, 2017.
2. Office of Emergency Management/Homeland Security – Recommend Approval
Date to Board
Response to accidental detonation of explosive device.
Response to cases of dynamite discovered on forest service property.
3. Office of the Secretary of State – Recommend Approval
Request approval pursuant to Idaho Code §73-212 for the annual distribution list for the Idaho Code.
4. Office of the Attorney General – Recommend Approval
Request for approval of payment of Attorney’s Fees and Costs in K.W. v. Armstrong, in the amount of $98,000 for suitable representative training in 2017. The district court approved the settlement agreement on January 12, 2017.
5. Office of the State Treasurer – Recommend Approval
Request for approval of State Treasurer’s annual investment administration fee to be charged to State agencies for FY 2018, pursuant to Idaho Code 67-1210.
6. Ada County – Recommend Approval
Request for payment pursuant to Idaho Code 18-2507, in the amount of $556.58 for costs incurred by Ada County for the prosecution of State Penitentiary inmate.
7. Idaho Transportation Department – Withdrawn by Agency
8. Idaho State Police – Recommend Approval. With regard to item 8(b) the subcommittee additionally recommends ISP work with the governor’s office and legislature to explore long term solutions for proper funding/adequate staffing of its positions for its forensic managers, chemistry, latent print, toxicology, and DNA scientist positions.
a) Request for approval, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-5302(20), to continue to pay overtime shifts for previously approved contracts Idaho State Police has with CH2M-WG, Idaho, LLC (CWI) INL and also with the World Triathlon Corporation for the Coeur d’Alene Ironman Competition.
9. Idaho Department of Health and Welfare – Recommend Approval. The subcommittee additionally recommends DHW work with the governor’s office and legislature to explore long term solutions for proper funding/adequate staffing of its medical staff positions at State Hospital North and State Hospital South.
b) Request for approval for overtime for forensic managers, Chemistry, Latent Print, Toxicology, and DNA scientists.
Request for continued approval to pay medical staff cash compensation for overtime and on-call hours worked not to exceed $40,000 for State Hospital North and $60,000 for State Hospital South for FY18.
10. Office of the Attorney General
a) Notification that Jessica P. Culotti of the firm of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, SC, in Greenwood Village, Colorado has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code §67-1409 as a Special Deputy Attorney General for the purpose of representing the Idaho State Board of Education regarding its Retirement Plans.
11. State Insurance Fund
a. Estimate of the State Insurance Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of
Estimated expenditure for workers compensation claim costs, dividends and premium refunds
Funds Expended in May 2017:
Workers Compensation Claim Costs
b. Estimate of the Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of June 2017.
Estimated expenditure for Idaho Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund
Funds Expended in May 2017:
Attorney General Wasden moved to adjourn the meeting. Secretary Denney seconded the motion.
There being no further business before the board and on motion duly made and seconded, THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS WAS ADJOURNED at 8:59 a.m.
__________/s/ Lawerence Denney ________
Lawerence Denney, Chairman of the Board and
Secretary of State of the State of Idaho
__________/s/ Brandon Woolf ____________
Brandon Woolf, Secretary of the Board and
Idaho State Controller