STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
Tuesday, December 9, 1997 – 8:55 a.m.
JRW East Conference Room
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was held December 9, 1997 at 8:55 a.m. in the JRW East Conference Room.
Governor Philip E. Batt, Chairman of the Board
Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa
State Controller and Secretary of the Board J. D. Williams
Attorney General Alan G. Lance
Sub-Committee members present:
Ben Ysursa, Office of Secretary of State
H. W. Turner, Office of State Controller
1. DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
Request for review and approval of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Industrial Special Indemnity Fund (the Fund) and the State Insurance Fund (SIF) to allow prepayment of SIF’s April, 1998 allocation to the Fund.
2. Request for authorization to use $100,000.00 of Penalty & Interest monies to fund a pilot project for information technology training for the State of Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code §71-1348.
3. Request for authorization to use Penalty and Interest monies to purchase real property in Blackfoot, Idaho at 129 North Maple, adjacent to the Blackfoot Job Service facility, pursuant to Idaho Code §71-1348.
4. Request for authorization to pay from the State Employment Security Administrative and Reimbursement Fund interest charges from the State Treasurer on the Department of Labor’s federal grant fund, 0348, in the amount of approximately $30,000, pursuant to Idaho Code §71-1348.
5. Request for authorization to pay from the State Employment Security Administrative & Reimbursement Fund for charges from the State Controller’s Office for programming the Unemployment Insurance premium holiday in the amount of $387.58, pursuant to Idaho Code §71-1348.
6. STATE INSURANCE FUND
Request for authorization to pay compensatory time to the following employees accrued during the conversion and refining of the Fund’s new insurance software. Due to the magnitude of overtime hours worked during this time, they have been unable to use their accrued overtime.
Karen Buchanan 120.0 Katy Hickman 12.8
Bart Chaffee 116.4 Bob Creighton 7.0
Julie Cooper 22.0 Jerry Pelton 6.8
Jeff Good 40.7 John Marshall 58.0
Lisa Thomas 17.5
7. OFFICE OF STATE CONTROLLER
Request for authorization to pay Trudy A. Charles from the Division of Statewide Accounting for 26.5 hours compensatory time she had accumulated at the time of a new position acceptance with the Department of Revenue and Taxation to be effective December 1, 1997.
Motion to approve the Consent Agenda was made by Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa and seconded by Governor Philip E. Batt. Motion passed unanimously.
WHEREUPON THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS was adjourned, subject to the call of the Chairman.
Governor Philip E. Batt
Chairman of the Board
J. D. Williams, Secretary to the Board
and State Controller