STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
AGENDA – Subcommittee Meeting
January 9, 2003 – 9:00 a.m.
Joe R. Williams Building, 5th Floor Conference Room A
· REGULAR AGENDA
UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO – Marty Peterson
A request to reimburse moving expenses as cited below for current open positions:
|1. Postdoctoral fellow||Plant, Soil, Entomological Sciences ||$1,000|
|2. Assistant Professor||History||$5,000|
|3. Director of Development||College of Business & Economics||$5,000|
|4. Assistant Professor |
|Material Science||$5,000 each|
|5. Athletic Equipment Manager||Athletics||$2,000|
LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE – Keith Hasselquist, State Board of Education
6. A request to reimburse moving expenses up to $2,000 for an Assistant Professor, creative writing (non-fiction) in the Humanities Department. This request will use appropriated funds.
IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY – Keith Hasselquist, State Board of Education
7. A request to reimburse moving expenses up to $1,500 for a current opening for an Assistant Volleyball Coach, Athletic Department.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION – Jon Sowers and Brandi Thomas
8. A request to reimburse moving expenses up to $8,000 for a current opening for a Medical Services Manager, Evaluation and Compliance section.
IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT – Dave Tolman
9. A request to reimburse moving expenses up to $5,000 for a current opening for a staff engineer at the District 4 ITD office in Shoshone.
IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION – Betsy Johnson
10. A request to reimburse moving expenses up to $5,000 for a current opening for a regional manager in Boise. The position is pay grade O and several out-of-state candidates are anticipated.
DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME – Craig Wiedmeier
11. A request to write off an outstanding balance due the Idaho Department of Fish and Game of $24,675.44 for license sales by vendor David Tonn, d.b.a. Dave’s Husky Sport Shop. Last December, the subcommittee requested the department to pursue a collection agency and to report back in January 2003.
12. A request for approval of a change in reimbursement rates for use of personal equipment and animals for Idaho Fish and Game employee transportation in performance of regular job duties as reflected by Fish and Game Policy A-3.08. Proposed rates are as follows:
Mode of Transportation
|HORSE||$32.00 per day (includes all equipment)|
$16.00 per half day
$19.00 per day (stand by time)
$9.50 per half day (stand by time)
|HORSE TRAILERS||$26.00 per day (in addition to mileage for pickup)|
|JET BOAT||$42.00 an hour|
|KAYAKS||$20.00 per day (all equipment provided)|
|SNOWMOBILES||$45.00 per day (all equipment and fuel provided)|
|RAFTS||$32.00 per day (white water type, all equipment provided)|
|TRAVEL TRAILER||$26.00 per day (in addition to mileage for pickup)|
13. Notification that Peter C. K. Marshall of the firm of Marshall, Batt & Fisher has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in case of General Fire & Casualty Co. v State of Idaho, Case No. CV-OC-0208787D.
14. Notification that Richard A. Skinner of the firm of Skinner, Fawcett has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho as Bond Counsel for the Idaho Water Resources Board regarding issuance of tax exempt bonds for United Waterworks, Inc. and its subsidiary United Water of Idaho.
15. Notification that Anne Goodwin Crump of the firm of Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, Idaho Public Television, in the matter of suspension by Cable One of Carriage to Ontario, Oregon subscribers.
16. Notification that John R. Goodell of the firm of Racine, Olson, Nye, Budge & Bailey has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho in the case of Scott v. Idaho State University, Case No. CV-2002-5744-OT.
17. Notification that Jed W. Manwaring of the firm of Evans, Keane has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, State Insurance Fund, in the case of Paul L. Orgish v. N. Idaho Correctional Institute, SIF No. 970018392; IC No. 97-041379.
18. Notification that Wynn R. Mosman of the firm of Mosman Law Offices has been appointed pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409 as a special deputy attorney general for the purpose of representing the State of Idaho, State Insurance Fund, in the case of Holly Glantz v. Division of Veterans Services, SIF No. 200104088; IC No. 01-016064.
IDAHO STATE RACING COMMISSION – Bill Dryden & Mike Southcombe, Elam & Burke, P.A.; Duayne Diderickson, Les Bois Race Track, Inc.
19. Les Bois Race Track, Inc. (LBRT), through its attorneys Elam & Burke, P.A., requests payment of $98,991,28 from the State of Idaho for overpayments made to the equine/racing fund through Idaho State Racing Commission from November 1997 until February 2002. LBRT requests direct payment, or alternatively, suggests that: 1) the Racing Commission relinquish all future payments it receives for licensees for deposit into the equine/school fund to LBRT; or 2) LBRT be granted an offset against the income tax LBRT may become obligated to pay from time to time, until the full amount is recovered.
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF GOVERNOR – Gary Ward, Bureau of Disaster Services, Division of Military
Request for authorization to issue deficiency warrants for reimbursement of response costs incurred during December 2002 pursuant to Idaho Code 39-7110.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & WELFARE – Steve Kenyon, State Controller’s Office
Volatile fumes in well
Plane crash into fuel tanker
Fuel spill in parking lot
Found in Boise National Forest
36. A request regarding extension of blanket approval for the Idaho Department of Health & Welfare to pay physicians overtime at the Idaho State School and Hospital. This approval authority was initially granted in 2000 to allow payment of overtime rather than accrual and use of such time. Other state agencies must apply for this authority annually. Does the Board wish to extend the blanket approval authority of the department or begin requiring an annual request and review for this authority?
· INFORMATIONAL AGENDA
STATE INSURANCE FUND
37. Estimate of the State Insurance Fund expenses to be paid by sight drafts for the month of December 2002.
Estimated expenditure for workers compensation claim costs, dividends and premium refunds
|Funds Expended in November 2002|
|Workers Compensation Claim Costs|
38. Estimate of the Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund expenses to be paid by sight draft for the month of December 2002.
Estimated expenditure for Petroleum Clean Water Trust Fund
|Funds Expended in November 2002:|