All current employees and those in terminated/retired status after December 31, 2017 have the ability to view and print their W-2 online through the Controller’s website.
Not sure how you are set up to view your W-2? Contact your agency to find out whether you can view them online.
Viewing Your W-2 Online
Receiving your Paper W-2
· Log into the Controller’s Website
· Reset your password using the forgot password function OR contact your agency to request a reset of your password.
Note: The Controller’s Office cannot reset the password, unless initiated through the forgot password function, or a request is sent from your agency security administrator. List of Agency Security Administrators
· Click on Form W-2
· If you have not previously given consent to view online select “I Accept”
· W-2 information is available for five tax years; as a result, W-2 are available for the current tax year plus 4 previous years.
A Reminder on Returned W-2’s
· Active Employees - Paper W-2s were mailed January 25, 2019. If you are a current State of Idaho employee who has not selected to receive your W-2 electronically and who has not received your paper W-2 please contact our office at 208-334-2394.
· Retired and Terminated Employees - If you are a retired employee or no longer work for the State of Idaho and you have not received your paper W-2 please contact your former agency Human Resources or Payroll/Personnel department for assistance.
If you did not change your W-2 selection from electronic to paper at the end of your employment your W-2 will only be available to you electronically.
If an employee has a change of address on file with the US Post Office, their W-2 will be automatically forwarded by the post office.
W-2’s marked as ‘Undeliverable’ will be returned to the State Controller’s Office.
· If a W-2 is returned, the address will be verified with what’s on file with the State Controller’s Office.
· If the address on the system has been updated, the State Controller’s Office will mail the W-2 to the updated address.
· If the address on the system has not been updated, the State Controller’s Office will retain the W-2 until the address is corrected on the State Controller’s Office application or the employee may contact 208-334-2394 for assistance.
Note: Depending on the state agency, an employee may update their address by using the Employee Self-Service option or by having their agency HR/Payroll Department update the information.
Instructions for Requesting a Duplicate Paper W-2
There is a $5 to request a duplicate printed copy of a W-2 from the Controller’s Office. If you need to request a duplicate W-2 please complete the ''Duplicate W-2 Request" and follow the instructions contained within.
Note: The State Controller’s Office retains W-2 information for five tax years; as a result, a duplicate W-2 can be provided for the current tax year plus 4 previous years.