Data and File Transfers
Many official State business processes require the transfer of data and files between State of Idaho Agencies and the State of Idaho Controller's Office.
These connectivity options and guidelines are outlined below, along with our recommendations on File Transfer clients.
Graphical FTP Clients - For file transfers performed by a person with a visual tool:
SCO recommends the free Filezilla FTP Client.
For setup assistance, please read the provided Quick Guide.
SCO recommends the free MoveItFreely FTPS Client. For setup and automation assistance, please read the provided Quick Guide.
SCO recommends using the OS-provided "curl" command.
Used to upload STARS INTRANS and LABOR DISTRIBUTION files, and download various agency-specific data extracts
File Transfers with the IBIS Datawarehouse
Used to download large reports and datasets generated by IBIS
Steps to Setup an automated IBIS Report grab via FTPS:
1. Select an IBIS
report to use.
2. Click the Schedule icon next to that report from the IBIS folder view.
3. Set a time for the report to run, for example Friday, at 6 PM.
4. In the Options section, make sure Override the Default Values is checked, then
setup the Output format you would like, probably CSV or XML.
5. In the Delivery section, put a check by "Save to the Filesystem",
then click Edit the Options next to it.
6. There are 3 selections for File System Export:
a. Either select to use the current report name, or type a new one to save it
b. Select YOUR AGENCY from the Drop down list. (FTP Access Agency ###)
c. Select the Conflict Resolution you desire.
7. Click OK, then OK again.
8. The report will be saved to your agency FTP folder in this exact format. Name-en-us.extension
(You have freedom here on how you want to choose to save exported reports, and
also how you want to get them using the FTP process. You can select
"Replace Existing Files", and continually save a report over the old
one, then program your FTP script to get just that report, OR you can select
"Make the Filenames Unique and Append a timestamp", and keep many
versions of reports at a time and program your FTP script to get all of them
with a wildcard.)
9. Obtain the MoveItFreely FTPS client and place it on a computer that is running during the time of your scheduled event.
10. Contact the State of Idaho Controller's Office Service Desk at 208-334-3100 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org at and request a username and password to the IBIS Report FTP site.
11. Write a script which runs the
following FTP command:
ftps -e:on -z -a -s:C:\scriptfile.txt
--with the following FTP Script file. (using the wildcard example above, the
LCD line is not NECESSARY but usually helpful to direct where to put downloaded
reports, please customize to your location, also, the reportname only need be
double-quoted when there is spaces in it.)
12. Schedule that script to run sometime after the IBIS report runs, for example Friday, at 7PM.
File Transfers with SCO Personnel or Technical Teams
Multiple Data files of up to 1GB each may be securely sent using the File Transfer Request Application.
Fill in all requested information. Select the division to receive your file(s) from the SCO Division Expecting your File(s) field.
You will then receive a secure email containing a URL and username/password. Open this URL, and sign in to access a secure, private filespace for you to upload your file(s). You will receive on-screen confirmation when your file(s) is/are uploaded successfully.