Undo Approval, Cancel a STARS Upload, or Delete an Invoice
If an invoice or its fiscal coding needs to be changed, an approver can 'undo the approval' so it can be updated. Approvers cannot change fiscal coding, vendor number, or cost distribution directly on the Approval screen.
To make changes to an invoice, an Approver must click Undo Approval on the Approval screen. The approver then selects a ‘status' to set the invoice to.
First, identify the invoice status. Look for invoices with a Status corresponding to the approval level in which you are working. (Each agency will uniquely name their approval levels.)
1. Select an invoice from the Status screen.
2. Click the Undo Approval button.
3. Select the ‘status' to at which to save the invoice, and then click Save. In effect, this 'sends' the invoice to a particular level and determines the screen that the invoice would be opened in and changed. The selections are:
4. Click Save.
Figure 1 - Set Status
5. If e-mail notification has been enabled by your Payment Services administrator, an e-mail dialogue box will appear after undoing the approval and saving the status. Use it to send an e-mail to the next level approver(s) or click Send Email Notification to display the e-mail dialogue box.
If your agency has enabled Approve by Detail Line for the approval level at which you are 'unapproving', you can select individual line items to unpprove. However, if the invoice has been released, you must unapprove the entire invoice.
To undo an approval on just one line item that has been approved,
uncheck the check box next to the line item, and then click
Save & Continue or
Save & Clear. (Do
not click the
1. Select an invoice from the
2. Click the
Figure 2 - Delete button