Update Fiscal Coding From An Imported Purchase Order
A purchase order items imported into the Distribute screen automatically imports the fiscal coding and any cost distribution. If you, as a Fiscal Coder, need to update the cost distribution, you will need to contact the Purchaser to request that the the purchase order be corrected. You can then re-import it into Payment Services. Payment Services and Purchasing are individual applications and an updated purchase order in Purchasing does not automatically update imported purchase order items in Payment Services.
Any Payment Services approval steps that are in process must be undone, and/or any distribution rows must be deleted or cleared. Then the Invoice screen can be updated (using the PO number), and the purchase order items re-imported on the Distribute screen.
Clear the fiscal coding and/or distribution as described below. Each step must be done by the appropriate person assigned to each process in each application.
1. If you are in the process of fiscal coding and the distribution has been not been saved, on the Distribute screen,, click Undo Updates.
2. If the fiscal coding and/or distribution has been saved but not completed, select and open the invoice. On the Distribute screen, click Clear All Distribution, and then click Save & Continue. (The original row of distribution, which is simply the amount from the Invoice screen, will remain.)
3. If the fiscal coding and/or distribution has been saved and completed and the invoice is ready for approval:
To correct the purchase order (and requisition), follow the steps below. Each step must be done by the appropriate person assigned to each process in each application.
1. On the Receiving screen, click Correct on at least two line items of the purchase order. (If only one item is ‘corrected’ and then rejected by the purchaser all other items are “received”, the purchase order status becomes “All items received” and cannot be added to or updated.) If there is only one line item, click Correct on that line.
2. From the Purchase Orders screen, open the purchase order and click Menu next to the line item(s) that needs to be updated and click Reject Line Item.
3. On the Requisition screen, open the requisition and update the line item(s) as needed and then click Itemization Complete.
4. Update the fiscal coding as needed and then click Coding Complete.
5. On the Status screen, click Approve next to a requisition. To approve all line items of the requisition, click Approve. To approve individual line items of the requisition, click Menu next to a line item, and then click Approve Line Item.
6. From the Purchase Orders screen, open the purchase order and click the PO tab.
7. On the PO screen, check the check boxes next to the updated line items and click Save.
8. On the Receiving screen, check the check boxes next to the purchase order items and click Receive. The updated purchase order can then be re-imported in Payment Services - contact your Payment Services personnel.
1. Select and open the invoice. On the Distribute screen, click the asterisk next to PO#.
2. Check the check boxes to select the purchase order items.
3. Click Import.
4. Click Del next to the original row in the distribution grid to delete it (all imported rows are simply added to the distribution grid). (NOTE: The Payment Services distribution amount must match the Invoice amount.)
5. Continue with any fiscal coding or distribution and then click Save & Continue or Save & Clear.