Request a Price Check
A requester or Fiscal Coder can ask a purchaser about the price of an item so they know, for example, whether or not they have the funds available or if they might exceed a spending limit. On the Requisitions screen, a user who is a requester, authorizer, or fiscal coder can request a price check from a purchaser.
The requisition must be saved with line items added (a price must be entered on each line item). This will enable the full line item Menu.
Menu next to the line item.
Figure 1 - Line Item Menu
Status will change to
Awaiting Price Check.
Figure 2 - Price Check Status
1. The purchaser will now see a
Price Check tab on their screen.
Figure 3 - Price Check tab
2. On the
Price Check screen, enter the actual price in the
Figure 4 - Price Check screen
3. If needed, click the requisition number
(Req #) to view the requisition details.
4. To add explanatory notes, click the
5. To add scanned documentation, click the
Done when finished. The line item will be removed from the
Price Check screen. If there are no more price checks, the
Price Check tab will not be displayed.
7. To cancel a price check (for example, if a requester verifies the price with the vendor), click
Menu next to the line item and click
Cancel Price Check.
Figure 5 - Cancel Price Check
1. On the
Requisitions screen, the line item status will be
Price Check Complete (or Price Check Cancelled if it was cancelled) and the updated price from the purchaser will be automatically entered.
Figure 6 - Price check complete
2. Click the
Atch icons if the purchaser to view any notes or attachments from the purchaser.
3. You can accept the price or change the line item as needed.
4. Continue with the requisition process.